Dear Pewaukee Families:
It has been another great school year in Pewaukee Public Schools. I would like to thank all of the families that responded to our Student Services Survey. Your feedback is appreciated and needed as we work to continually provide the best programming options for our children. We had another year of 29% or more of our families responding to the survey. The survey is structured by giving a statement that the survey taker would respond by strongly agree, agree, slightly agree, slightly disagree, disagree or strongly disagree.
- Ninety-six percent of our parents surveyed felt the Student Services Department was doing a good job.
- Ninety-four percent of our families agreed or strongly agreed that staff were implementing services consistent with their child’s IEP.
- Eighty-six percent of families surveyed agreed or strongly agreed with their children's progress.
- Eighty-five percent felt that their child was better prepared for life after high school.
Every year the department selects survey items to learn more about ensuring that we are meeting the needs of our students and families. This year we focused our efforts on communication. We saw increases on the following questions.
- I receive frequent updates about progress my child is making. Increase from 77.2% to 89.3% agreeing or strongly agreeing.
- The information I receive from school is relevant to my child’s progress. Increase from 85.9% to 90.2% agreeing or strongly agreeing.
- I am encouraged to be part of my child’s education. Increase from 94.6% to 96.4% agreeing or strongly agreeing.
- I feel that inclusion helps children socially. Increase from 97.7% to 98.8% agreeing or strongly disagreeing.
- My experience and knowledge helped to form my child’s IEP. Increase from 95.7% to 98.8% agreeing or strongly agreeing.
The last statement I highlighted reinforces how important our shared partnership is and the responsibility we have with each student and parent to mold, develop and support the best possible educational program promoting each student’s success here in the Pewaukee School District. A community is essential to support our young people to develop into the best adult they can be positively contributing to their community and society.
I enjoy working with the children and families in Pewaukee. We have many great things to build on. I look forward to working with you over the coming years to make Pewaukee Schools the best school district for every child that attends. Please do not hesitate to call or email me if I can be of service to you and your family.
Anthony Strancke, Director of Student Services
Announcements - Special Education
Family Engagement Liaisons - Jake and Erin Gould
Jake & Erin Gould, Family Engagement Liaisons, are contacts for parents to answer questions regarding special education and community resources available to parents of special needs students. Please contact Jake or Erin at 414-213-1099 or firstname.lastname@example.org